The Doppler SODAR system PCS.2000 can be extended by radar components to a RASS system for vertical profiling of temperatures, temperature gradients and inversion layers synchronously with the SODAR profiling.
The RASS system is fully integrated in the SODAR operation and shares the same Windows PC. For compliance with national frequency regulations radar transmitters are offered at 915 and 1290 MHz. It is designed for long-term unattended automatic operation with icing protection by optional antenna heating.
- CW RADAR for vertical sounding of virtual temperature
- Identifies height and strength of inversion layers
- Extension to the Doppler SODAR family PCS.2000 including
- Radio transmitter and receiver
- Separated transmit- and receive-antennas, 1.8 m or 2.4 m parabolic dishes
- Additional signal analysis channel
- Measuring height 30 … 500 m
- Heated antennas available for harsh conditions
Check out some of our other METEK solutions on our instrumentation page!